Project 3: Planter Chiara Long

                                                                            About the Project: 

Inspired by LoftGoods wall hanging planter pot, I created a planter pot that slides and clicks into its two compartments. I created these pots to fit into a shelf that likewise hangs on a wall at a 90-degree angle. I intended to create the design in both an industrial, and organic way, to bring a new design perspective to houseplant care.











In my drawings, I intended to showcase the different compartments of the planter pot, as well as iterations of how both planter pots were developed.

 Slide Presentation Link:

Presentation link

Precedent Studies:

Bathsheba Grossman - organic/parametric design style

DesignLibero
- parametric design vases for plastic water bottles

Kate Blacklock
- ceramic 3d printing artist

Prototypes:



In these prototypes, I was able to test the sliding mechanism for the compartments

Final Prints:







These are the final prints with small plants included, the design functions and performs well for its intended use.
















Comments

Popular Posts