Project 1:Holding Progress 2

 

 Introduction: 

In this blog post, I will be sharing my progress in creating a holding object, for another object. I have chosen to create a mounted shelf, that is inspired by my chosen pattern.


Link to Presentation: Holding Process Presentation



Material: 

Higher Quality Plywood





Render Visualization: 




I created this to determine how I would like my shelf to look like or somewhat resemble, as well as to figure out where finger joints should be attached.


Rhino Model Progress and steps: 









This is how I created the finger joints


This is the first version of the shelf with slit bends in between the holes for the pots.

This version is more experimental, to understand how slit bends would work, and how the circle opening would interact, or to what extent it would prevent that bending.

This is the pattern I am using to create an etching on the backboards holding the shelf flush to the wall





















Comments

Popular Posts